August 10, 2012

Current Look: DIY Drop Waist Dress

Hi friends! Have you missed me? I promise to provide an explanation for my absence from the blogosphere in my next post. For now, I'm entirely too excited to bring you my latest DIY: the Drop Waist Dress!

It all started after seeing this look from my favorite blogger Blair of Atlantic-Pacific. Then I received an email from Net-a-Porter harkening fit and flare as the most current style in dresses. I was this close to point-click-buying Blair's dress here from Topshop when I thought to myself, "Wait just a cotton-pickin second! I could make this!" And the stylecurrent drop waist dress was born.

Want to know the most exciting part? For the first time ever, I'm making my DIY dress available to any fashion-forward feline who wants it, right here in my Etsy shop.

Dress: DIY, get yours here
Watch: old, DKNY
Ring: gifted
Necklace: $12, on Harwin Street in Houston
Shoes: $23, DIY, instructions here

Apparel total: nada
Accessories total: $35
Grand total: $35

Photos by Jared J Davis copyright 2012

10 comments:

  1. I love this look! the shape is fabulous and your color combo is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness gracious, not only you are stunning and stylish, but you also made it all yourself, I am in awe. That dress is freakin awesome, I so want one)
    And the shoes are beyond the hype!
    The whole look is so polished and brilliantly put together!

    Gongrats, the dress turned out great, hope you sell a bunch of them, I might order one myself)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think it turned out nicely! love the shades of blue, too! hope you've been well!

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Ashley!

    Been absent from blogging and I am so good at it now. Miss reading your posts. Love the drop wait dress and good job! Not so sure if I'd look as good as you with that kind of dress. I might look like a potato sack myself. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the shades of blue complement your porcelain skin. great DIY!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I love it! I loved Blair's dress, too so this is right up my alley. The colors are adorable, too. So happy I found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!!! Ive always adored the 20s drop waist look!! You look fabulous!! Glad ur back, u have definately been missed

    ReplyDelete
  8. So impressive that you made this! I love the drop waist style on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! I love the style and the colors are drool-inducing, haha. You're so talented.

    I've "spotted" all of these onto my SocialBliss.com account, and will probably pin them, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The color-blocking on this dress is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete